Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Transferred to DC 3rd Ward!







Hey Everyone!!

Man this week has been really crazy, but I guess I will start off with the Festival of Lights. Elder Johnson and I were able to go up 2 times this past week (Fri and Sat) and it was really cool! They have different musical events going on at the visitors center every night until New Years! We saw the Chapel Ringers and a Flute Ensemble, really cool to see. We went the first night with a recent convert in our ward who is an awesome guy, very solid in the gospel. Saturday night we actually went with two different less active families in the ward, and we had a good time with them. Then on Sunday, we went over to a member's house for dinner and to teach his kind of daughter in law (long story) anyways, it went really well, she has been going through some hard times in her life and is now looking for something new to give her hope, so hopefully she will be able to find it with the church!

Well, as it sounds like you already heard from a couple of different sources, I did get transferred :( it was sad to leave, but it is good at the same time. I am going to miss that ward down in Patuxent, but I am looking forward to meeting this new one. So the area I am in now is the D.C. 3rd North area, and my companion is Elder Krugman. I am really excited for this transfer, Elder Krugman is a really cool guy, and I am looking forward to working with him! Should be pretty fun!

Everything is very different here though, I will no longer be getting fed every single night (DANGIT!) probably only about two times a week or so, and the work is much different here, the area is a lot smaller than what I came from, but it will be good and will hopefully help me become a better missionary!

Well I have to go now, but Dani, I got your letter, I don't have time to reply to it today, but I promise I will next P-day! And THANKS FOR THE PACKAGE!!!!!! I am way pumped to have a bunch of music now!!!!!! I love you guys sooooo much, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

- Elder Schaap

P.S. Some pics for ya! Most of them of the Temple and Lights and such...

No comments:

Post a Comment