Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Great Investigators!

Hey Everyone!

Man this week went by really fast. I can't believe I call home in less than two weeks now! I am not sure of all the details yet... I will probably let you know next week when it is closer. As far as I know though, we will not be doing parking on Christmas day, so don't need to worry about that.

But we had a really good week! I don't remember if I told you or not, but we had been having a hard time finding people that were willing to even listen to us the past couple of weeks, but this last week we started teaching two new people! One of them is a friend of a member in our ward, and he has actually come to church a few times. He has a Buddhist background, so it is interesting to teach some one that doesn't have any Christian background at all, but it is very cool, and he is really interested. We are really excited about him, he just recently had a son and that is what kind of sparked off this whole thing. He came to church again though, and to the ward christmas party, so we are very hopeful for him, we are meeting with him again on Friday.

We also met a guy who is from Tanzania, it was funny how we met him, we were going around his neighborhood, and his two little daughters were playing outside, and they went in and got him for us. He let us right in and told us that he had actually met with missionaries when he was living in Europe like 10 years ago, and he already had a copy of the Book of Mormon. We talked with him for probably an hour or so, and he wants us to come back and talk more with him. So we will see how that goes, we are just gratefull that someone let us in to talk with them.

As for our cute little 10 yr old investigator, she is doing really well, we are planning on the first of the year for her. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation last night, and it went great! I just hope that I am still here when all that happens... Transfers are this coming week, and I have a feeling that I am leaving, but who knows.

We also had our Mission Christmas party two days ago, do you remember me telling you about last year's? Anyway, we got to watch Kung Fu Panda 2, so that was fun! Not gonna lie though... I fell asleep at the end of it, so I am going to have to watch it again sometime.

I got Ashley's wedding announcement... that was pretty weird! Not the announcement itself haha, but getting the announcement! Oh, and when I told Sister Allen (Ashley's cousin), she told me that no one in her family even told her about it yet haha. I am excited for her though, that should be fun!

Well, I think that is about all I have for you this week! Oh... I got the Christmas package! Thanks! haha I put up that tree! I will have to take a picture of it for you! Oh, and transfers are on Tuesday, so that is when I will get on the computer as well. Love you guys, thanks for everything!! Have a good week, and I will talk to you soon!


- Elder Schaap

No comments:

Post a Comment