Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good Things Happening in Bowie

Hey Everyone!!!

Things here are going really well! The Bowie ward is amazing! Haha I have yet to buy myself food.... people are always bringing us food, it is sweet!! And it is really nice to be in a ward again where the members actually come out with us to appointments! We had some cool experiences this week, we were able to go to the wedding of a less active member that got married to one of our investigators that will hopefully be getting baptized soon! We have also had the opportunity to work with a guy who was baptized in January down in Florida (not in Austin's mission, I already asked haha) but he is an awesome guy and he is going through a really hard time right now, it is a really long story or else I would tell it to you, but we have been going over every night to just keep him company and encourage him, and he is doing really well!

We were also able to meet with a couple and we had a lesson that went really well, and they are scheduled to be baptized on May 7th!!! They are very solid too, the member that came out with us to the appointment said that he may have worked with two families that were as solid as this one throughout his whole mission, so we are really excited!! And then another one of our investigators is a really funny older lady, a widow, and enjoys our company, we haven't really been able to teach her a whole lot because she is not so much interested in the church as she is in just enjoying our company, but we are working on doing something about that. We have helped her with some service and other things like that, hopefully we will be able to teach her soon!!

But that is about all for now, I am loving the new area, being back in a car is a little weird, but I guess it is nice now that the weather is starting to warm up! Elder Vakalahi is awesome! He is a really good missionary, and he has probably taught me more already in this one week that we have been companions than any of my others, and we are working really well together!

Mom - We are in cars in this ward, I think on that map that the Matsumori's gave us my area is actually two areas because the two wards were combined into one (Bowie/Crofton) so I think it is one of the biggest areas in the mission, and there are just two of us in the ward. Actually there are only two of us in the appartment, but we always manage to find something to do to keep us entertained haha, oh and I haven't heard anything about the Mother's Day call yet, but I will let you know as soon as I know!

Well I love you guys!! Thanks for all the updates!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!


- Elder Schaap


P.S. Sorry I don't have any pictures for you this week, they are all on Elder Vakalahi's camera and he forgot to bring it, but that just means that I will send a lot next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment