Wednesday, April 6, 2011

General Conference!

Hello Family!!

Good to hear from you! Man this week was pretty sweet! I absolutely loved General Conference!!! My favorites were probably Elder Oaks, and President Uchtdorf. All of them were good, but those 3 talks were ones that I felt applied to me the most, of course President Uchtdorf's always seem to apply to me. Oh and all the talks about marriage made me feel guilty, and I don't even have to worry about that for a while hahaha it was pretty funny to see some of the reactions of the missionaries to that one, especially some of the ones who go home pretty soon. Unfortunately we weren't able to get any investigators to GC, we had some that told us that they would come, but didn't end up showing.... That's missionary work for ya! haha We had a pretty cool experience this week, we were able to meet with a family we are teaching last Monday, and it was pretty hectic there, I won't get into details, but let's just say that Elder Howard and I along with the Postma's pretty much became marriage counsellors haha (seems like that happens way too often as a missionary!)

Anyways, we were able to leave on a good note, and we invited them to come to the Visitor's Center with us on Friday, as well as attend a session of General Conference with us on Sunday. Well come Friday, we called the dad and asked if we are still good to go with him and his family later that evening, and he told us that we were. So we went with the Postmas to their house, and it turns out that the kids went to the store and were going to be about an hour late, so we tried back an hour later, and then the dad told us that he isn't feeling up to going. So we decided that it didn't matter, but we wanted to take the kids, and they actually ended up coming with us! That may not seem like a huge miracle to you guys haha but I promise it is huge! Well I love you guys!!! Thanks for the Package, I got it today!!! You guys are the best!! As always!! LOVE YOU!

- Elder Schaap

P.S. The new photo above is courtesy of Sister Postma. She is the greatest! Marcie

No comments:

Post a Comment