Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The YSA Ward is Growing!

Hey Everyone!

So good to hear from you! I can't believe how fast time is going... crazy! But everything is going well for us here! We have been doing our best to keep busy! We are hopefully going to start teaching a friend of one of our members! Which should be really exciting!

We got a new ward mission leader, and some interns are actually still coming to the area, we have about 20 now! So things are looking up!

Unfortunately though, our investigator didn't make it to church this past week, still our only contact with him has been over the phone, we had an appointment yesterday, but he cancelled on us, so it doesn't look like he is going to be able to be baptized on the 24th... we still don't know exactly what has been going on, he said he has been super busy, he just got a new job, so it is understandable, it would just be nice for us to know what is going on with him!

We have been meeting with a young lady investigator a lot lately, she is from Cameroon, and she has been making a lot of progress since we have been meeting with her, the only problem is that she is a home aide, and she works on Sunday, so it is hard for her to get that off. Hopefully we will be able to see her come to church sometime soon though!

Other than that we are doing our best to find new people to teach! It is hard in the singles ward! But we will figure something out!
Sorry for being so short, but I Love you guys! Have a great week!


- Elder Schaap



Pic #1 - I am thinking of taking up a new style when I get home, what do you think?



Pic #2 - I tried my hand in baking... kind of filled them up to much, but they tasted good!!!




Pic #3 - I don't think I told you about this yet! These are Scotch Bonnet peppers, they use them in Jamaica, and they are hotter than Habanero peppers! One of the sisters in our ward is from Jamaica and feeds the missionaries once a week, and it is tradition for each missionary to eat one whole! I did a few months ago, and it was by far the hottest
thing I have ever eaten! Don't worry, I have it on video!

No comments:

Post a Comment