Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Baptism Commitment and a New Companion

Hola Familia!

haha I feel like I start all my emails the exact same way, so I thought I would switch it up a bit. So good to hear from all of you though! It seems like you guys are going like 1000 mph with all the stuff you are doing at home! You are crazy! But I wouldn't have you any other way!

Anyways, things are going well for us here, the exciting news of the week is that one of our investigators committed to be baptized! He is scheduled to be baptized on June 24th (the day after Mom's Birthday!) So we are looking forward to that!! He came to a barbeque that the ward had on Monday for FHE and was able to get to know a few of our members! And hopefully we will be able to get him up to the Visitor's Center, and to church soon!

The other big news is that I have a new companion! Haha you are probably saying to yourself right now, but wait transfers aren't until next week, well you are right... but there was a missionary who got in an accident on his bike, and sprained his wrist, so he wasn't able to ride his bike anymore, so they sent him to a car with me! So my new companion is Elder Gumbi, who Grandpa Bob actually new from his ward in California! It has been pretty fun so far, but as for my last transfer, who knows what will happen now? Not me! But Elder Gumbi is from Zimbabwe, and so he is able to relate to the people from Africa that we are teaching, which is almost all of them!

So that is the big news from here! Sorry for being so short... and I don't have my camera with me today... so no pics... Sorry!

Thanks so much for everything that you guys do! You are the best family I could ever ask for! I Love you guys! Have a great week!

- Elder Schaap

No comments:

Post a Comment