Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Elder Bednar Coming to DC!

Hello!

Wow, seriously these weeks keep going by faster and faster! Anyways, things are good in my new area, and I can't believe I totally forgot to tell you about my new companion! His name is Elder Morris, he is from a town in New Mexico that only has like 200 people. This is his 4th transfer in his mission, and he this will be his 3rd transfer in the singles ward.

It is really interesting being in a singles ward, I'll be honest! I forgot about all of the random callings and things that they have like FHE Mom, and Institute Director haha. And we go to all of the activities, because that is where most people invite their non-member friends, so it is pretty sweet! Oh, and another weird thing is I kind of forgot what it was like to have drama hahaha... pretty funny. Overall though, I really like it, which is good, because I wasn't sure what it would be like starting off, but all of the members are really helpful. Geographically we cover 2 stakes (which probably doesn't seem like much in Utah, but our mission only covers 4 stakes), and there are only about 40 active members of our ward! Pretty interesting.

Well, I was only able to meet one of the investigators that we are teaching this week, and he is really cool. He has been meeting with the missionaries for a while now, and it was really strange to me the fact that he is doing everything that he needs to be. He has read all the way to Alma in the Book of Mormon, he is praying, he has come to church a bunch of times, and he has met a lot of the members of the ward, he even stopped drinking coffee! But he still doesn't feel as though he has received an answer that it is true or not, so I have been doing a lot of studying and praying about what I could do or say to him to help him get his answer, we should be meeting with him again soon! So hopefully it will go well!

Oh, I forgot to tell you last week, Elder Bednar is coming to our mission on Saturday! Should be pretty exciting! We were told to study two talks in preparation for him to address us if you guys want, you can look them up too! One is called "Ask in Faith" given by him in General Conference (I don't remember when) and the other is called "Seek Learning by Faith" which was a CES broadcast I believe in 2006. Anyways, can't wait to talk to you guys on Mother's Day next Sunday!!! [it's really on 5/13 - Marcie] When would be the best time for me to call? We have church from 12-3 so 2-5 your time, but as far as I know I am flexible after that, so let me know!! Love you guys! Have a good week!

- Elder Schaap

No comments:

Post a Comment