Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Elder Bednar Comes to DC!

Hello!

Wow, I can't believe that Dani is graduated.... that is unreal to me! Crazy! Nice going though Sis! Sounds like you all had a packed week! That is sweet!

My week was really good, Elder Bednar came and spoke to our mission at the Visitor's Center, and it was really neat! I thought it was going to be mostly in the format of him and those who accompanied him (Steven E. Snow, Bishop Causse, and Elder Girard) mostly just speaking, but when it was Elder Bednar's turn, he wanted everyone to be involved, so he let people ask him and those with him questions. I don't know, I feel like I can't really explain to you in an email what it was like, so I will just talk to you about it on Sunday! But it was an awesome experience! And I have a whole new respect for Elder Bednar! I also was able to watch the CES Fireside by Marlin K. Jensen, and we had one of our investigators there, and he said he liked it, and we are meeting with him this Friday!

Other than that, I have found out that finding YSA people to teach is HARD! Especially at this time when finals are happening, and school is about to get out! But we are doing our best, I am hoping to try and start tutoring people soon! Yikes! It was just an idea that we had, but of course it depends on how well I remember to do math and physics and stuff after 2 years of not doing it at all! So we will see...

Other than that, we had a zone activity today, it was penguin sports. If you don't know what that is, it is where you wrap your knees together and just play regular sports, it is pretty funny to watch! Can't wait to talk to you guys Sunday!!! I am PUMPED! Love you guys! and TALK with you soon!

- Elder Schaap










Pic 1 - So Elder Bednar actually spoke to the 3 missions here, and I ended up sitting right next to Elder Zach Paswaters... do you remember him? He and I played little league baseball together. So that was cool to see him! I think it has been like 10 years or something.










Pic 2 - Zone Activity

No comments:

Post a Comment