Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Sorensens in DC? Cool!



Hello!

So I was sitting at church on Sunday, anxiously awaiting the family that we have been teaching to show up, and I was looking out to the doors to the chapel every few seconds, and out of no where I see these two very familiar faces, and what do you know it is the Sorensens! They had no idea that I was going to be there, and I definitely had no idea that they were going to be there, it was a pretty cool coincedence, but kind of weird at the same time, that is the first time that I have seen someone from home since I have been out here... but it was great, it was like we hadn't missed a beat, they caught me up on all the things that are going on back in Utah, and I was able to tell them about what had been going on with me for the last 2 years.

Anyways, the family that we have been working with was able to come to church! Unfortunately, they didn't have the best experience... the Sunday School lesson was on Exaltation, which is the last lesson in the manual, and it was a bit heavy for their first time at church, so they left right after that, and they told us they would call us to let us know when we could come over again... kind of a bummer, but I suppose that it is better that they know all those things now, than having them come to the surface a few years later. Keep them in your prayers, hopefully we will be able to see them again and help resolve some of their concerns.

Yesterday we had a pretty cool experience, we were out knocking on doors, and this guy answers the door with a guitar hanging on his shoulder, which I always love because I automatically have something to talk about with them, but we were able to talk with him for a while, and he really started to open up to us about some of the things he was going through in his life, and we told him how the gospel could help him. He told us that he wouldn't be able to meet with us for a while, but that he had to get some things straightened out in his life, and then he would give us a call. I love it when I am able to relate some of my past experiences to others, and tie in the gospel as well.

Well thank you guys so much for everything! I Love hearing from you every week! You guys are the best family I could ever ask for! I love you! And hope you have a wonderful week!


- Elder Schaap

No comments:

Post a Comment