Wednesday, April 4, 2012

General Conference!

Wow, where to start?

I guess with Conference - So Good! Man I think you guys would be surprised at how much I actually love General Conference now, for some reason I am just able to soak all of it in like a sponge, and I love reading the talks after the fact and getting even more out of them, so I am excited for the May Ensign to come out!

As for my favorite talks, of course President Uchtdorf, talking about judging others and "don't judge me because I sin differently than you" haha he is great, his talks are always good. Some of my other favorites were Elder Hallstrom, who talked about the difference between the gospel and the church, and how someone "can be fully active in the church, but inactive in the gospel." Elder Oaks about Sacrifice. And I think it was Larry Y. Wilson who talked about when we teach children, we need to make sure that we are teaching eternal principles, and not just because we are angry with them or things like that. But they were all very good, like I said, I can't wait to get the new Ensign!

Well unfortunately, the family we are teaching did not make it to GC, in fact we are still not exactly sure what their feelings are about the church anymore, we have had a little contact with them, mostly on the phone, but once on their doorstep. We just don't know, their lives are very stressful right now, so it is a possiblity that they are just overwhelmed, we are not sure, but we are hoping to find that out this week.

Other than that, unfortunately most of our investigators have kind of dropped off, so we are doing our best this week to find more people, and work with the members of our ward.

I don't think I told you, but today I had the chance to go to the Arlington National Cemetery, it was pretty cool, there is a lot of history there, they have a trip for all the missionaries go who are going home in the next 6 months, and we saw some cool things like the eternal flame on President Kennedy's grave, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which is pretty intense. And it was fun to be able to see all the people who I have been out here with for so long.

I got the card, and the planner covers from you guys! Thanks, they are great! Anyways, thats it for this week! Love you guys!

Elder Schaap

No comments:

Post a Comment