Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life is Moving Right Along in Montgomery Village!

Hey everyone!

This week was an interesting one for us! We had a lot of good meetings with our investigators, I guess I will start with the young woman we've been teaching. We met with her on Thursday, and like I said before, it was kind of strange for me because she is the first person I have taught that hadn't had a concern about anything. Going into our appointment with her, we both kind of felt as though something wasn't right, and the 29th was creeping up closer and closer, so we felt that she didn't have enough time to be fully prepared for her baptism. So I won't go into details, but she unfortunately will not be getting baptized this Sunday, but we are still very hopeful for her.

As for the young man we are teaching, he is doing really well! He has been coming to church, and we met with him yesterday! It has been pretty cool to see the changes that he has made in his life, and definitely a testimony builder for me! He told us yesterday that he didn't watch a football game because he was trying to keep the sabbath... and we hadn't even taught him about that yet! He is awesome, I don't know what else to say.

Other than that, we have been doing our best to meet with the lady that just moved into our ward. One of her daughters came to mutual last week! And had a really good time. We called her on Saturday night to remind her about church, and she assured us that she would be there. So we waited and waited, but she didn't ever show up.... so we went over to her house afterwards to find out what happened, and it turns out that she had gotten ready and dressed to come, she was on her way out the door, and then one of her friends showed up at her house, and brought stuff to make her lunch to cheer her up, and Sheri didn't feel like she could turn her down. So we are trying! The ward is really anxious to help, but it is hard for them when they haven't seen her at church! Hopefully she will be there this week!

Well, transfers are coming up this next week... there really isn't any use in trying to predict what is going to happen, because I am usually wrong, so who knows. Logic would say that I will be leaving, but I have been wrong before. I feel like I am ready to move on, but I have had a good time here, but again, who knows? Anyways, I love you guys! It is so good to hear from you every week! I am grateful that all is continuing to go well back home, and thanks for all you guys do! You are the best family I could ever ask for! You are the best! Love you!

- Elder Schaap

No comments:

Post a Comment