Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's Transfer Day Again!

Hello!!!

Well it has been another crazy week here. I haven't been feeling the greatest, not terrible, but not great, and it has been this way for like 2 weeks now... so Elder Pound made me stay in bed all day on Thursday, it is really weird, it is like when I wake up I feel bad, but by lunch time I am all better... I don't know what the deal is, but the Nyquil and stuff that you guys sent has really helped, thanks!

So anyways, yes, transfers were this week, Elder Pound left, and actually went to my old area in DC 3rd. As for me... I am training!! Yep, I got a greenie! I was super nervous at first, but not as much any more. My companion's name is Elder Salanoa, he is from Samoa! We are going to have a lot of fun! He converted to the church about 10 years ago, and he is very excited to get to work, so that is what we are going to do.

This will be a completely new experience for me though... I haven't been with any really young missionaries, but it will be good. They have a pretty cool new program too for Trainers and Trainees that they just started in our mission last transfer, so assuming everything goes normally, we will be spending 12 weeks together. Should be fun!

As for our investigators, we were able to go to the Visitor's Center with one of our investigators, and he had a really good experience! He is moving, slowly but surely. Our other investigator is doing really well, not a ton to tell you about her though, as for now she is still planning on getting baptized on Christmas Day.

We had Stake Conference this week, Elder Cardon came and spoke, and it was really good, he talked a lot about teaching the gospel to others, he gave an awesome example of his strategy in teaching his son at age 15. I would tell you the whole story, but that could take all day, basically he didn't try to force anything on his son. He found something that his son enjoyed doing, and did it with him, and eventually Elder Cardon's son was able to teach himself gospel principles. I probably did a terrible job explaining that to you, but ask me about it when I get home, because it had a pretty profound impact on me.

Well I am pretty freakin jealous that you guys ate TRI-TIP and APPLE PIE with the POSTMA'S... but I guess there isn't a whole lot that you or I can do about that haha. Well, have fun on your trip! Tell Brad good luck, and tell him to practice up too, since I got these new shoes, I am a whole new basketball player! Ha! Just kidding... he would still light me up with one arm behind his back! Well, love you guys! Thanks so much for everything! By the way, there should be a package coming to you guys very soon... I sent it last wednesday, so let me know if you get it! Love you!

- Elder Schaap


Elder Salanoa and I at the VC!

No comments:

Post a Comment