Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Love Those Why I Believe Firesides!


Our zone activity today -- Laser Tagging!


Trying out my Lumberjack skills


The Postmas and Me!

Hello Family!

Things have been pretty crazy this week! I don't even know where to start! So Wednesday night, we met with that investigator that I was telling you about, and it went really well! Unfortunately, he wasn't able to make it to church on Sunday, but we are going to be meeting with him tomorrow night again, and hopefully we will get to meet his wife as well!

And then, a few weeks ago, I called the Postmas and told them that I needed to see them one last time before they left, so they came and took Elder Pound and I to lunch! It was really good to be able to spend time with them before they leave, apparently they are leaving on the day of Halloween. That morning though, we walked out of our room, and it turns out that one of the hoses in our hot water heater had sprung a leak during the middle of the night... so we had a little bit of flooding in our apartment! No worries though, none of our stuff was ruined, luckily all the flooding was close to the kitchen, so that was really the only part that was affected. So we have been trying to take care of that a lot of this week, hopefully we will be moving apartments soon...

Anyways, our investigators from California came to church and "Why I Believe" with us this Sunday, it was awesome, they had a really good time. I also got to see the Postmas at the fireside! Then on Monday night, we were able to go over there with our Bishop, and answer a few of their questions that they had. We actually had dinner with our Bishop on Monday night, and he was running a little late, so we were just sitting outside on a bench that we had, and his neighbor came up to us and introduced himself, and asked if he could ask us a few questions, it was really cool, and eventually when Bishop returned home, he joined in on the conversation as well. I don't know if we will ever teach him again, but it was a great opportunity for us and the bishop especially to bear his testimony to his neighbor!

Thanks for all the emails and updates! It is so great to hear from you guys every week! I love the shoes, they are sweet! Sorry to hear that it is getting cold there already, it hasn't been too bad here... but I think it probably will start getting a lot colder very soon, that is ok though, I would much prefer it be really cold than really hot!

Glad to hear that Austin's homecoming went well! Tell him he should send me an outline of what he said! Thank you guys for everything! I Love you and hope you have a great week!

- Elder Schaap

P.S. Oh yeah - there's a Cafe Rio in Olney, MD - Wahoo! and rumors of 5 more coming soon to the DC area. Awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment