Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Almost Moving Time....

Hi!

Man this week was crazy! Friday was our President's interviews, and although President didn't come right out and say that I was leaving, he told me to "finish strong" haha so I am pretty sure that I will be going to a new area next week. I am ok with it though, I love it here in Bowie, but it is time for a change. I don't know what happened when President said that though, because all of the sudden we have a packed full week! So it should be good!

Well, I spoke in church this last week, it went ok, I thought it could have been better, I wish I would have had more time to prepare, but things were crazy, and I only had a few days' notice. Not too bad overall, except for the fact that we told all of our investigators that I was speaking, and not a single one came to hear me... One came late to church, but he wasn't there when I spoke.

We had a great experience at the Visitor's Center with an investigator couple on Sunday, she loved it, but he was kind of indifferent, but it was a good experience overall. Elder Kennedy and I have been noticing a trend with our investigators, we work with them for a little while, a relationship develops, they may come to church a few times, but they don't read the Book of Mormon, so we have tried to put more emphasis on the Book of Mormon with our investigators, and explain to them, that to get an answer whether it is true or not, they cannot just passively read it, but it has to be something they really want, to the point where they would do just about anything to get their answer.

Anyways, sorry, but I have to be short today. It was good to hear from you guys though, Hope you have a great week! Love you!

- Elder Schaap

No comments:

Post a Comment