Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Teaching Investigators and Bowling(?)





Hello Everyone!

Man, I can't believe that it is so close to Dani's wedding!!! That is crazy! and it doesn't even feel like it to me... weird! Anyways, this week was an interesting one for us haha we had a few good visits with our investigators. We met with one brother on Thursday, and had a really good talk with him, I don't remember how much I told you before about him, but he was pretty interested in our message, but he wanted to read the Bible cover to cover before he did anything else. Well this last time we went over there we talked a lot about the Restoration, Prophets, and the Book of Mormon, he was asking really good questions, and we were able to spark his interest in reading the Book of Mormon!

We were also able to meet with another couple on Saturday, and yesterday as well. While we were there on Saturday, we were focusing on trying to get them to church, sometime during the middle of the lesson he said, "Man, I just thought of this, the only way to know if this is the church we are supposed to go to, is if we go to it!" Haha that made me realize that no matter how many times you tell someone something, it really doesn't matter until they understand it for themselves, because I think I told that to him several times before, but it didn't click with him until just then. So he told us that he knew he had promised us before that he would come to church, but he hadn't, and that this time he was coming for sure! Church here starts at 10:00 because we are the only ward that meets in our building, so 9:53 rolls around, and I am starting to wonder what is going on, so I call her cell phone, she answers and tells me that he woke up early in the morning and took his lawn mower out to go and cut some of his neighbor's lawns to try and make a few extra bucks (we haven't taught him about keeping the Sabbath yet haha), and that she hadn't seen him since... Haha that taught me another valuable lesson, all I could do was just laugh because Elder Kennedy and I had done everything we could to get them to church, we met with them the day before, we knew that they understood the importance of coming to church, and they had committed to come. We did everything short of going to their house and dragging them out to come! So by that time it was out of our power, and it was up to them to decide, unfortunately they didn't make it to church. However, they invited us over last night for dinner, and we had a good visit with them, and she is for sure committed to making it to church on Sunday, hopefully he is as well.

Well, I am glad that all is well at home, good to hear the Temple went good for Dani! I wish I could have been there! I got the invitation Yesterday! It looks good!!! I am not sure if it was the first or the second one that you guys sent though... But good luck with everything this week!!!! I hope the weather holds up for you, and that everything else goes smoothly!!!! Love you guys!! Wish I could be there!!!!


- Elder Schaap

P.S. We went Bowling today!!! haha I am rusty since I took my class... as you can tell, I did decent the second game though! (I am SCOOP by the way haha)

P.P.S. All these wedding plans are making ME tired!!! I don't know how you guys are doing it!!! Crazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment