Wednesday, March 23, 2011


A sign we saw while knocking on doors. Good thing we're not Jehovah's Witnesses ... right??


Hey Everyone!!!

Thanks for the package that you sent!!! You guys are the best!! You know, on St. Patrick's Day, I couldn't help but think about that time that we were all in the kitchen, and Dad says, "Hey, hand me one of those green things in the drawer." hahaha I really hope you guys remember that story, because I laugh every time I think about it!!!

Well, things have been going pretty well here lately. Unfortunately, the family we've been teaching is not going to be able to be baptized this coming Sunday, in fact we haven't even been able to get inside of their house since we set a Baptismal date for them which was almost 2 weeks ago... We don't even really know what is going on, hopefully we will be able to find out soon though.

We have had some pretty cool experiences though, in these past couple of weeks, people have actually flagged us down to talk to us. 3 instances in about the last week and a half, the ironic part about it is that all 3 times, it was people that would attend the Singles ward here in D.C., and there are missionaries assigned to that ward, so we had to pass them on... kind of dissappointing, but they were cool experiences nonetheless.

The one that happened yesterday was really cool! We met a great guy, he was born in Vietnam, but moved here when he was 3 I think. He stopped us by asking us, "Hey, what school do you guys go to?" haha it was pretty interesting, so we got on the topic of religion (as we usually do... haha) and we figured out that he didn't really believe in God. The reason it was so cool was because Elder Howard and I were able to address his issue, and explain it to where he could understand it, and he said that he wants to meet with missionaries (which won't be us...) again, so it was a really cool experience!

Well, I love you guys, I hope everything is going well, your crazy road trip sounded like fun!! Sorry that USU lost (but not really?!) Did you guys get my letter??? I hope so... Well talk to you next week!!! LOVE YOU!!!

- Elder Schaap

No comments:

Post a Comment