Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Another Week of Teaching and Great Service Projects

Hello Family!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! And that you got my letter, by the way.... My handwriting has always been that good, I don't know what you guys are talking about! You are crazy! Haha

Anyway, this week was a lot of the same unfortunately, we are still in the process of finding people, one pretty cool thing did happen this week though, a couple of weeks ago, our Bishop - he is the man! He used to be a rescue swimmer in the Navy, so he is huge! But that's a story for another day, anyways, he gave us a referral, it is one of his former co-workers that he used to talk religion with all the time, and seemed interested in at least learning more about our church. We got the chance to meet him and he is an awesome guy! He said that he would keep an open mind about everything that we said and the reading assignment that we gave him! We will be following up sometime soon to see how it went, so hopefully we will be teaching him more often!

This week was another service week too, which was pretty sweet! We helped a guy take out some bamboo that was overgrowing in his yard, and then yesterday, we helped a less-active member in the ward completely take out his garden for the winter. We were there for 4 hours, but we could have stayed there all day and still not be finished! Unfortunately I didn't take my camera with me, so I can't show you the before and after pictures though. Oh, and it was one of our investigator's birthday last friday, so we made cookies for him and took them over, we were hoping to be able to meet his wife too, but she wasn't there, he was happy to see us though, and he ate like 4 cookies while we were there haha. He wasn't able to make it to the FHE at our stake pres's house though, which kind of bummed us out, but there is another "Why I Believe" Fireside coming up next sunday at the Temple, so hopefully he will be able to go to that!!

Our other investigator is doing a little bit better, she hasn't had the chance to ask her sister about her concerns with our church, but we are meeting with her Saturday to hopefully resolve some of them.

Well sorry for being so short this week, but that's about all I have to report on haha, I am glad you got the picture though from Bro. D, he is awesome! And to answer some of your questions Dad - I know, it's crazy that Thanksgiving is only a week away!!! I am kind of depressed that I am not going to get any of the AMAZING stuffing this year! Or next! No we don't have a mission conference, but members of our ward have offered to feed us! Oh yeah, and there is probably more Less-Active/Inactive members in this ward than there is Active. Mom - Conference CD's would be sweet! And that is awesome that Jake is doing well, and that he is a DL! Dani - You have to tell me how USU does against BYU!!! LOVE YOU!!! ;)

- Elder Schaap

P.S. You guys probably are mad, but I still don't have any pictures for you, I am counting that one that Bro D sent haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment